Neuro Rehabilitation Assistant
- Location: Remote working from home with domiciliary visits in the south east
- Contract type: Fixed term, 15-20 hours per week
- Salary: £14 – £18 per hour
- Closing date: 12pm on the 16th of January 2023
Your overall role is to promote clients’ independence and functional abilities, facilitating the achievement of their goals via interventions designed and overseen by qualified therapists. You will manage your own caseload, prioritising your activities in consultation with your clinical supervisor and your line manager (the COO).
Specific duties will include:
- Undertaking 1:1 hands-on work with clients to help them implement and practise specific activities and techniques, reporting back to the therapists on their progress and any issues arising.
- Assessing the safety of the client’s environment/circumstances and any immediate needs they present prior to carrying out prescribed rehabilitation activities.
- Preparing for and assisting with the moving and handling of clients during some therapist-led treatment sessions (e.g physiotherapy).
- Recognising when clients are experiencing barriers to communication, and with guidance from therapists utilise appropriate aids and techniques.
- Writing clear, concise, accurate and timely client electronic records
- Generating/producing resources and workbooks.
- Communicating any changes in a client’s presentation or other useful information in a timely manner.
- Supporting therapist-led online groups, attending and participating in some sessions as directed by therapists and assisting with organisational matters.
- Participating in gathering feedback from clients, carers, and other professionals
Administration and liaison
You will assist the COO and therapists with a range of organisational issues, and establish and maintain effective communication with the therapists and other professionals involved in each client’s case. This will include:
- Attending meetings and feeding back any relevant information as needed
- Using IT systems including Google and QuNote to record and share information, ensure that all data are recorded accurately
- Communicating information to clients, family members and carers regarding various aspects of their rehabilitation programmes, including the arrangement of appointments and feedback on their participation and progress
- Organising clinical/case planning meetings with multiple attendees
- Uploading, organising and sharing client information
- Generating and sending quotes/invoices for current and prospective clients
- Encrypting and sending documents externally to other professionals
- Supporting the team in service development activities
Training and development
You are encouraged to identify any specific development needs and interests, and to seek relevant training and learning opportunities. You will be supported in this as appropriate, and will be expected to:
- Participate in supervision and appraisal meetings to ensure that you gain, develop, and maintain key competencies
- Attend designated health and safety training sessions
Through prior training or practical experience you will have developed and be able to demonstrate the attributes listed below. You will need to provide evidence of these in the ways indicated in italics alongside each, with additional information to be provided by your referees.
- An interest in working with people who have had a brain injury and an understanding of the kinds of problem they may present, based on a relevant qualification or practical experience [CV and covering letter]
- Experience of working with people in a healthcare setting [CV and covering letter]
- A high level of interpersonal skills and empathy [at interview]
- The ability to work under direction but with a high level of independence [CV and covering letter]
- The ability to take initiative and use good judgement in dealing with challenging situations [at interview]
- Excellent oral and written communication skills [CV, covering letter, and at interview]
- Good computer skills and the ability to pick up new systems quickly [CV, covering letter, and at interview]
- Having your own car
- Experience working with people with brain injury
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Eve Powell at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Monday January 16th, with interviews to be held on a rolling basis
Your application should comprise your CV together with a short covering letter (1 page max) summarising key aspects of your experience and interest in the position.